Why not join us for a gentle stroll from Market Square along the canal to Five Rise Locks and Crossflatts then back into Bingley eventually making our way to the hidden gem that is Bingley Cemetery.
Here we will be joined by Jean Robinson who is a Commonwealth War Graves Volunteer. The war graves in Bingley Cemetery are tended by the ladies of Bingley Bloomers which is a splinter group of Bingley 5 Rise Frocks WI. Jean is herself President of Bingley WI and has researched the history of many of the graves in the cemetery and will give us an insight into the history of just a few of the war heroes.
There will be free time to look around the cemetery before we make our way along the riverside walk back into Myrtle Park passing the cenotaph before our walk ends back in Market Square at approx. 12 noon.
One of the war graves at Bingley Cemetery
Where to meet?
What do you need?
Bring the following with you:
- any medication you might need, including plasters;
- hand sanitiser;
- water bottle, flask and any snacks.
Note: many paths will be stony or muddy so please wear walking shoes or boots with non-slip soles.
- Whilst leaders take every care, your comfort and safety are your own responsibility.
- You will need to register before the start of the walk and provide a contact number.
- The pace of the walk is appropriate to the distance and the available time. We ask that walkers accept the pace set.
- Under-18 year old people to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Dogs need to be on a short lead whenever asked.