In September, we have a BONUS EXTRA WALK. Walk leader Susan Hart who lives on St Ives Estate will lead a Heritage Walk on the estate on SUNDAY 19th SEPTEMBER.
Meet Susan in the car park by the main gate at 10 a.m. please be aware that car parking charges are now applicable on the estate!
Bingley St Ives was a Monastic Grange and its landmark Coppice Pond dates back to the 1300’s . An ancient earthwork was used in the civil war and many buildings on the estate date back to the 1600’s.
In 1928 it was acquired by the council and became a country park. In 2009 it was recognised by English Heritage on the register of Parks and Gardens of special Historic interest.
If this has wetted your appetite for more history why not join Susan who has a wealth of knowledge on the subject of St Ives.
Cloister feature in the Old Manor House garden at Bingley St Ives Estate
What do you need for this walk?
Bring liquid refreshment and wear walking boots. Please read the disclaimer for more information.
What: Heritage Walk at St Ives Estate
When: Sunday 19th September, 10.00am
Where to meet:
Bingley St Ives Lower Car Park
Grid Reference: SE100389
Price: £0 – It's FREE!
- Whilst leaders take every care, your comfort and safety are your own responsibility.
- Covid-19 restrictions on meeting and gathering outside may change when this event will happen. This means we may have to refuse people joining us. This will be done on a first come, first served basis.
- The pace of the walk is appropriate to the distance and the available time. We ask that walkers accept the pace set.
- Dogs (on a short lead) are welcome on most walks but please get in touch with us before hand (Facebook or Web contact form)
- Under-18 year old people to be accompanied by a responsible adult