Covid-19 update (September 2021):
Following on from the Governments lockdown road map we have given much thought to our own walking map. We resumed our monthly Sunday walks in June 2021. All our walks will of course be subject to Government guidelines. More details will be posted on our town centre noticeboard, on this website, Facebook and Twitter pages nearer the time.
Our walks will be Covid-19 and risk assessed and should there be a large number of walkers (above 30 people) we may have to divide into smaller groups to ensure your safely. Please read our disclaimer for more info.
We look forward to seeing you all again! Best Foot Forward.
What do you need?
Bring the following with you:
- any medication you might need, including plasters;
- hand sanitiser;
- water bottle, flask and any snacks.
Note: many paths will be stony or muddy so please wear walking shoes or boots with non-slip soles.
After the walk we usually have lunch or a drink in one of the town's welcoming cafés. Most of them now display our “Walkers are Welcome” stickers in their windows.
Where to meet?
What: Bingley Walkers are Welcome Monthly Sunday Walks
When: Second Sunday of every month – 10:00 AM
How long? About 2 hours / 5 miles walk
Bingley Arts Centre
Grid Reference: SE 106 390
Price: £ 0.00 – It's free!
- Whilst leaders take every care, your comfort and safety are your own responsibility.
- You will need to register before the start of the walk and provide a contact number under NHS Track and Trace requirements.
- Covid-19 restrictions on meeting and gathering outside may mean we will have to split the group. We have planned contingency in such event and are able to run two walks. However, if numbers are way above our capacity, we may have to refuse people joining us. This will be done on a first come, first served basis.
- Leaders will not be able to give you any personal assistance which would involve close proximity or touch during the walk (except in an emergency), e.g. to cross stiles, or manage slippery slopes, so if you think you might need assistance please bring along a family member.
- The pace of the walk is appropriate to the distance and the available time. We ask that walkers accept the pace set.
- Dogs (on a short lead) are welcome on most walks but please get in touch with us before hand (Facebook or Web contact form)
- Under-18 year old people to be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Sunday 10th October 2021 (subject to government guidelines)
- Sunday 7th November 2021 (subject to government guidelines). This is exceptionally moved to 1st Sunday of November so it doesn't clash with Remembrance Sunday on 14th November.
- Sunday 12th December2021 (subject to government guidelines)
- Sunday 9th January 2022 (subject to government guidelines).
Or use this iCal Google calendar and import it in your phone so you never forget any of our walks!