Covid-19 update (June 2021):
Following on from the Governments lockdown road map we have given much thought to our own walking map. We resumed our monthly Sunday walks on Sunday June 13th with a Post Lockdown Walk to discover Bingley. We then intend to hold our annual Walking Festival on Bank Holiday Monday August 30th. This will of course be subject to Government guidelines. More details will be posted on our town centre noticeboard, on this website, Facebook and Twitter pages nearer the time.
Our walks will be Covid-19 and risk assessed and should there be a large number of walkers (above 30 people) we will divide into smaller groups to ensure your safely.
We look forward to seeing you all again! Best Foot Forward.
What do you need?
Bring liquid refreshment and wear walking boots.
After the walk we usually have lunch or a drink in one of the town's welcoming cafés. Most of them now display our “Walkers are Welcome” stickers in their windows.
Where to meet?
What: Bingley Walkers are Welcome Monthly Sunday Walks
When: Second Sunday of every month – 10:00 AM
How long? About 2 hours / 5 miles walk
Bingley Arts Centre
Grid Reference: SE 106 390
Price: £ 0.00 – It's free!
- Whilst leaders take every care, your comfort and safety are your own responsibility.
- You will need to register before the start of the walk and provide a contact number under NHS Track and Trace requirements.
- Covid-19 restrictions on meeting and gathering outside may mean we will have to split the group. We have planned contingency in such event and are able to run two walks. However, if numbers are way above our capacity, we may have to refuse people joining us. This will be done on a first come, first served basis.
- The pace of the walk is appropriate to the distance and the available time. We ask that walkers accept the pace set.
- Dogs (on a short lead) are welcome on most walks but please get in touch with us before hand (Facebook or Web contact form)
- Under-18 year old people to be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Sunday 11th July 2021 (subject to government guidelines)
- Sunday 8th August 2021 (subject to government guidelines)
- Monday 30th August 2021 – Bingley Walking Festival (subject to government guidelines)
- Sunday 12th September 2021 (subject to government guidelines)
Or use this iCal Google calendar and import it in your phone so you never forget any of our walks!